Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 4: Super Bowl Sunday

I woke up at 4:30 to go stand outside to see a space shuttle launch. After the time went by I came back in to find out it was moved to Monday due to clouds. So I've set my alarm for 4:00 to catch the 4:14 lift off. I hope.

Thanks to Nate for letting me watch the 9AM Gathering at NHC today via webcast. Tom did a great job challenging us about our vision of God. And the music was awesome.

At 11 Gail and I attended worship with Sarah and Terry's church, Forest Park BC in Vero Bch. I preached there once about 14 months ago. It's a church in transition that has made some great strides since my last visit. Then now have a new worship pastor who has put together a very good band. And Pastor Paul's message on kindness (part of a series on the Fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5) was great. After church we went to lunch with all the band at Chilis.

Gail and Sarah needed to do a little shopping, so I chauffered them around. While they did their thing I ran into Books a Million and picked up Shelby Foote's volume "Gettysburg to Vicksburg" for some fun reading on the trip. Being the bargain hunter I am, I found it on sale.

At home we got ready for the game. Terry cooked some steaks and we had a good time watching the Saints come marching in. Who dat? Now we're thinking we could be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. But why? I'd rather not. I'd rather be closer to CA by then.

We'll be here another day or two before heading south to the Keys. Looks like another day of reading and writing for me tomorrow.

Thanks for the prayers. And thanks for God's great care for Nags Head Church. I'm hoping to hear especially good news later this week about the Kids Zone.

2 comments:

  1. You were getting up about the same time as Marilyn only she was going to dialysis, but tomorrow she gets to sleep in and you don't. I'll pray for clear skies so you can see the lift off before you head to the Keys. And as for the Kids Zone--we are, oh, so close. You'll be the first to know when we have the permit in hand--it WILL be this week. Actually, everything is done in Kids Zone for the permit, but we are waiting on a couple of other items for the annual inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooooolll Beans! I'll be so excited to get that finished. Two more projects to go to finish up the building.

    ReplyDelete