Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 5: Last day in Vero Bch
















My day began with my alarm going off at 4AM. I was up and out in time to see the Space Shuttle Endeavor flash across the black sky due north of us. Pretty impressive couple of minutes. Saw the first separation. Then a second separation and couldn't see anything else.

I spent the late AM and early afternoon hours doing a load of laundry and then sitting down to do some writing. I've got a project - something I've wanted to do for a long time - I'm working on and got into it for real today. Gail picked up Sarah from work and went out to lunch.

This evening we're scoping out the best deal for lodging tomorrow and Wednesday somewhere in the Keys. We'll leave in the morning and make the 4 hour or so drive down. Gail's really looking forward to sitting on a beach or poolside.

It's been great seeing Sarah and Terry and their new house for the first time. And we get to bid adieu to the cat! He's home with his momma now.

2 comments:

  1. You look very relaxed! The Keys will be WONDERFUL. The thought of a hot sun is hard to imagine...it's COLD here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos. They're great! You do look relaxed, for sure.

    ReplyDelete