Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 35: Viva Las Vegas

It's late. We got here late afternoon. Ate at the Hard Rock Cafe then walked a couple hours on the Strip. I could write lots of stuff, but am too tired. Pics later when I get a chance.

The drive from Carson City was loooong but through a desolate but uniquely beautiful part of the country. We woke up to snow and saw snow covered hills, mountains and even desert much of the journey. And Gail got to see her first tumbleweed of the journey.

It was time to get the oil changed (again) and we did so before arriving at our hotel. We're past 5,000 miles on the trip so far.

Up in the AM and headed for the south rim of the Grand Canyon.

Gail's getting "weary" and wanting to get home!

3 comments:

  1. but what did you do and see in Vegas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the call to go home is strong for grandma--but what a journey you've had. I've been to Las Vegas a couple of times but never the Grand Canyon. My sister walked down and rafted out about 5 years ago. She's the brave sister that doesn't get migraines from the heat--and it was July and VERY hot. They lost lots of people in their group going down--but not the Kay sister! I considered riding a donkey down but thought better of it. Enjoy the rest of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous,
    We walked down the Strip, took some pictures (that I'll post), ate dinner (I had a Cobb salad; Gail had a pulled pork sandwich). That's about it.
    (How about identifying yourself?)

    ReplyDelete