Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 39: 6th Sunday Gone

One of the reasons I'm able to enjoy the trip and relax is that I know things back home at NHC are in such great hands. In fact, the reports I glean from Facebook and comments here indicate there's no need for me to return any time soon!

Today we attended FBC Hugo, OK, where my parents and brother fellowship. It was our first time at this downtown church. The youth pastor, Byron Smith has become a friend because of his participation at NHC's "The Call" in past years. I went to Sunday School (it's been a long time since I've done that!) with Mom and Dad. Their teacher did a super job handling a tough passage (1 Cor. 5 and 6) on immorality in the church and church discipline. Lots of lively discussion!

Pastor Doug McLure then followed up perfectly with a message on forgiveness that was one of the best on that subject I've heard. Who doesn't need to be reminded of forgivness and how as Christians we either forgive or we become disobedient and entrapped by whatever/whoever has hurt us? Ephesians 4:31-32 is one passage a Christian can't escape or ignore and be a Christ-follower, worshipper or witness.

Mark and his family joined us for lunch then a fun afternoon. It's been a good Sunday and a relaxing visit so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment