Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 44: Just click your heels together three times...


It felt good to travel the last leg of the trip today. The sky was a beautiful Carolina blue all day.

I remarked to Gail way back in Oklahoma that the US 64 there is the same one that finds its eastern terminus at Whalebone Junction, Nags Head. I'm just glad we didn't decide to pick it up until Raleigh!

We pulled into our driveway just after 3PM. I really don't know how many miles we traveled. I think the last guy who changed our oil did something to the odometer that was keeping track. But it says 9,000 something. Somehow I don't believe that.

We'll add a few more posts with things like our indvidual Top Ten places to see and some travel tips we picked up.

Gail says next time (!) we're pulling a travel trailer.

Thanks to all of you who followed our trip and especially those of you who prayed for our safety. (Especially when Gail was driving us up the California coast.)

No comments:

Post a Comment