Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rick's Top Ten Sites to See


1. Big Sur Coast of California – mountains meeting the ocean, and the thrill of a roller coaster ride.

2. Grand Canyon – it's like God painted it.


3. Oak Creek Canyon and the Red Rocks of Sedona - you get to drive through the canyon. Not as big as the Grand, but amazing.


4. Giant Redwoods of California - want to feel small? Stand next to one of these.


5. Mardi Gras in New Orleans - I don't get it, but it was fun.


6. Saguaro cactus and desert of Arizona - like being in an old western movie.


7. Florida Keys and Key West - if only it had been a bit warmer! Conch fritters and Key Lime Pie.

8. San Antonio - River Walk, The Alamo and more. A great vacation destination.

9. Hearst Castle - Decadence to the max. Some people just have too much money.

10. Deserts of Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico - the scenery changes constantly.
Click on the pics if you want to enlarge them.
(Gail's Top Ten are posted below.)

2 comments:

  1. I notice that both of you dig CA...it is an amazing state...too bad the government is flat busted.

    Loved reading the blog, and will miss the sights that I've lived vicariously through your trip.

    I prayed for your safety, and am happy that you made it home...of course, there's no place like it.

    Though I loathe FB (too old for it), I may ask you to confirm our friendship (this is so goofy), but I would really like to see the rest of the pix. I NEVER request friends, hence, I have all of about 20, and they're mostly my kids, and their spouses.

    And, that brings an end to my disclaimer.

    Cathy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,
    It may take some time on the Facebook confirmation. I just declared a break from FB for a while. But I'll check periodically to see if your request is there and I'll confirm it.

    ReplyDelete