Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 40: Monday in Hugo and Schooler Lake

I'm a day behind in updates, so this morning I'll catch up. If I'm able, I'll post again tonight with pics from a reunion we're having in Tulsa.

Monday was day 40, but I'm not changing the title of the blog. It was a guesstimate, and we won't be too far off. If all goes as "planned" we'll be back home by the weekend sometime. Weather coming over the mountains looks warm and sunny the next few days.

Dad and I met his pastor, Doug McLure and his dad for breakfast at the local diner at 8AM. He had lots of good questions about what we're doing at NHC. Good conversation and pretty good food, too. Hugo is not the cuisine capitol of anywhere, that's for sure. It's a fairly depressed town. But the one-up they have on the OBX: a Super Wal-Mart!

The afternoon was spent at brother Mark's home on Schooler Lake. He grilled burgers and dogs and we sat out on his deck overlooking the lake. A picture perfect day for that. Ben showed me his knives and guns (he's the hunter in the family). Luke showed us his fort - a three story compilation in the trees. Then he went fishing while Ben stacked firewood he had split. Real country boys.

After dinner back at the folks we went to Braum's for ice cream. Now there's a good thing about Oklahoma! I even donned my new hat just to say I did.

After lunch today we'll say goodbye and head north up the Indian Nations Tpke to Tulsa where we have a reunion tonight with a lot of our old youth group from Tulsa Baptist Temple, where I was the youth pastor back in 78-80. I'll bet all those teenagers are now old people.

No comments:

Post a Comment